Montevideo, Jun 5. -In an editorial entitled "The Terrorist who Makes Fun of Justice," Uruguayan La Republica daily denounces the "repeated and mysterious postponements" of the trial against internacional terrorist Luis Posada Carriles.
The daily says that the proceedings against Poasda Carriles, accused of planning a series of bomb attacks in tourism sites in Cuba, among other actions, has been set for January 11, 2011.
The text adds that Judge Kathleen Cardone of El Paso court, Texas, ruled that the date for the trial would be final and no other delay would be allowed.
"The several mysterious postponements are undoubtedly no good precedent for promises made by the US judge. The trial had been announced for March 1st, but it was later deferred," the daily recalls.
The prosecutors argue that Posada Carriles committed immigration fraud and perjury, but they fail to say a word about this guy's terrorist actions, says La Republica.
The daily says that the government of President Barack Obama is fully aware that Posada Carriles is also wanted by Venezuelan justice for 73 charges of murder for each victim of the blowing up of a Cubana passenger plane nearly 34 years ago.
It recalls that "on September 4, 1997, Italian young man Fabio Di Celmo was killed in a bomb attack at the Copacabana Hotel after several other similar attacks against Havana-based hotels and restaurants, also including the Melia Cohiba, Capri and National hotels and La Bodeguita del Medio restaurant.
"Luis Posada Carriles has been on-off prison, walking around Miami and other places in the planet and evading the life sentence deserved for his crimes,"concludes the editorial. (Prensa Latina)