Santo Domingo, Dec 14. -The Health Ministry of the Dominican Republic reported four more cholera cases on Sunday, for a total of 32 cases confirmed so far in this Caribbean country.
Nine new cases were reported in the last 48 hours, two in Hato del Yaque, Santiago de los Caballeros province, one in Comendador, Elias Piña province, and the rest in Loma de Cabrera, Dajabon province.
The official report said all patients were in good condition and under medical surveillance, including a 13-year old boy and a 63-year old woman in Santiago, a 19-year old boy in Elias Piña, and a 49-year old man in Dajabon.
The Health Ministry said it had increased preventive measures and was keeping close surveillance all over the country, chiefly in Santiago and Elias Piña provinces, which have reported the highest number of cholera cases.
The ministry continued to call on the population to follow the official directions regarding health measures to prevent the spread of cholera. (Prensa Latina)